We are looking for a LIVELIHOODS SPECIALIST.
The Livelihoods Specialist is responsible for providing leadership in developing the technical aspects of the project related to sustainable livelihoods interventions, in collaboration with the Project Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· In coordination with relevant livelihood agencies at the national and provincial level, designs livelihood project models and strategies to meet the economic profile of target children and families in the project target areas
· Coordinates the development of the implementation plans of the project with Livelihood Officers of partner agencies
· Establishes partnership with relevant livelihood, marketing and microfinance agencies to effectively support the design, implementation and sustainability of the livelihood projects
· Facilitates capacity building of Livelihood Officers and Provincial Engagement Officers to effectively implement, and sustain livelihood projects with target children and families in project communities
· Provides technical assistance to the three Livelihood Officers in the area of interventions and networking for resource sharing in the implementation of livelihood projects
· In coordination with the Education Specialist, develops integrated approach to the development of life skills of youth to enhance their productive skills and equip them with knowledge to diversify their livelihood activities;
· In coordination with Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and Livelihood Officers, develops monitoring plans and strategies for effective and efficient monitoring and reporting of the progress and results of the livelihood activities
· Coordinates and plans periodic reviews and evaluation of the livelihood activities with relevant stakeholders; identifies and recommends appropriate responses/actions on recommendations arising from the review and/or evaluation
· Participates in the development of periodic or annual reviews and work plans as scheduled by the Project Director
· Provides support and daily oversight of subcontract livelihood related activities;
· Submits technical reports and provides technical assistance to the Project Director in the preparation of the report
A Bachelor’s in Agricultural Economics, Business Management or other relevant field. Master’s degree in relevant field is an advantage.
The Livelihoods Specialist must have at least five (5) years of experience in projects promoting livelihoods interventions in developing countries in areas including skills training, micro-lending, micro-savings, employment generation, alternative/additional income generation, youth employment and social protection. This individual must have experience in working successfully with government ministries engaged in promoting improved livelihoods for households and the provision of social protection services, as well as experience working with employer’s organizations, trade unions or comparable entities.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS (as relevant to grant):
Good understanding and commitment for community development and empowerment
Proven ability in the areas of design and development of livelihood activities and its marketing strategy, improving access to markets and resources and market research
Proven capacity for development training; training design and mentoring
Strong networking capacity with various livelihood related groups and micro finance institution
Knowledge of child labor issues in agriculture sector in particular
Excellent communication skills, both in oral and written forms
Strong ability to use MS Software application such as MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Strong people skills
Interested applicants may email their CVs with cover letter on or before OCTOBER 10 to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through this link – http://www.worldvision.org.ph/about-us/careers